What you need to know about me!
- I am a wife – married to Mark for more than half my life and still very much in love (most days).
- I am a mother of 2 – a son whom we lovingly refer to as Jaken (AKA Jake but that’s a story in itself) and a daugher, Jordan. I am incredibly in love with both of them and so proud of the young adults they have become.
- Other than my family my two other loves are travel and writing.
- I am clear I was put on this earth to make a difference to young women everywhere.
- I get bored incredibly easily which is why I have generally not been able to stay in any one job for more than 4 years. I also work for myself as being a regular employee would probably drive both me and my employer nuts. I thrive on autonomy and the challenge of creating new things.
- I am an entrepreneur at heart and have started (and stopped) many different businesses – some of them are probably best called ‘ideas’ as opposed to businesses but oh well.
- I would classify myself as an ‘all-or-nothing’ kinda woman – I throw myself full on into everything I do. As you can imagine, this does not always end well.
- I suffer from ADD – Adventure Deficit Disorder. Treatment usually involves a MAL (Mother’s Annual Leave) trip with my bestie and other such individual travels when she is not available.
- I was a Princess (maybe even a Queen) in a previous life. If not, then I have no idea how else to explain my dislike of all things domestic!
I am on a mission to get real, be real and stay real. I have spent too much time trying to pretend I am something that I am not in order to please or impress other people. I have decided that there is only one person I need to keep happy and that is ME. The funny thing I have learned however is that when I do this, the people around me are automatically happier.
So I hope that you will join me on the rest of my crazy journey on this earth. And I hope that by me sharing my real life, you will in some way find some freedom to share yours (if of course you aren’t already doing that).